it's CRAZY to be SANE.

Xoxo, Karen

9.24.2006

I'm back to blogging. ;-)

I've been sick since Sunday night. I had fever accompanied by cough and colds. My temperature reached 39.5 degrees Celsius, and my cough was non-productive. Last Monday, I didn't finish Skills Lab since I wasn't really feeling well. I just took the quiz and stayed for a couple of minutes for the lecture [since there was a new topic: bowel treatment] and then I went to the Health Service for check-up, then went home to get some rest, so that I'd have enough energy for the duty later that afternoon. I was not satisfied.. AT ALL.. with the check-up. I mean, anong klaseng check-up ba ang hindi pag aauscultate? Thinking I had a cough. Hello?! The doctor should check diba the lung sounds and everything. But no, she just asked me a few questions and advised me to continue taking Paracetamol for fever and advised me to take Sinecod forte, which is an antitussive by the way, for cough. Thinking that she's a doctor, I followed her. I continued Paracetamol every four hours and I bought Sinecod forte. Later that evening, my mum and I rushed to the UST-H Laboratory to have a CBC done. The following day, my temperature went up, so I wasn't able to attend my duty, it was 5 hours by the way, so I have to schedule for a make up class for 5 hours. Tsk. Hassle. I again went to the Health Service for check-up and to ask for a medical certificate to excuse me for being absent on that same day. I was so pissed off with the attending nurse and the physician! The nurse was so impolite and the physician was so impolite too, and not to mention, he was too awful! His personality doesn't really match in being a physician. He wasn't a people person. I just don't like him! And again, he didn't auscultate my lungs! Hello?! Not again! Strike two na ang Health Service. Tsk. Tapos hindi pa niya alam yung tinake kong gamot ah. Wtf* Wala ba siyang MIMS? Grr. Again, I went to the Lab, to have another CBC done, just to check if my platelet count was going down or what. Then last Wednesday, I've decided to go to school, since I don't want to have a total of 10 hours for duty make-up. But before going to the ward, a 3rd CBC was done. Sad to say, my platelet count was going done and my WBCs were going down too. So I became terrified, and yet I still forced myself to go to the ward, and really practiced to look and act as naturally as possible. However, my clinical instructor advised me to go home because I looked pale. :-( Honestly speaking, I couldn't control my tears from flowing down my face after she said that. I thought about the 10-hour-make-up and my total health condition too. I pity myself from having been sick. Really. Nakakaawa talaga sarili ko. Was very weak, febrile, and pale. As in namumutla talaga lips ko. Oh, before I forget, before going to the ward nga pala that day, I vomited. Tsk. That made me even more paranoid. I've asked myself, "Nako, ano ba talaga 'tong sakit ko? May suka effect pako." :-( Haay. Good thing my mum's always there for me to take care of me and give everything I want and need while I was sick. She pampered me with a lot of Gatorade [thanks mum! I love Gatorade! ;-)] and with a lot of fruits! ;-) I must say that in those times that I've been sick, I missed Chris. I don't know why. But thoughts of him would pop in my head and haunt me in every waking day, and it just made me so sad and diasppointed. Sad because he's not around and disppointed because he didn't even notice last Monday, when we almost bumped into each other, that I was sick. I mean, wasn't it obvious? Or was it just because he just didn't care? Tsk. Here I am again, formulating a lot of theories. Haay. There are just so many questions on my head, searching for answers. Tsk. Anyway, what else happened? So last Thursday, I really couldn't afford missing the quiz in Pedia, so eventhough I haven't studied enough for the quiz, I still went to school to take the quiz. It was hard, ofcourse, especially to someone who hasn't studied enough, and I really mean enough, and it was so long. Or did it just appear long because I just couldn't guess for the right answers that fast? Haha. Haay. So disappointing. Tsk. I attended the class of Sr. too since my classmates said that we were going to watch a film. Eh knowing Sister, magbibigay talaga yun ng essay assignment, so hindi talaga ako pwedeng mag cut ng class. [Thanks to Jason, by the way, for lending me his I.D. ;-) Bawal kasi sa class ni Sr. na walang I.D. eh.] So sa Lit and afternoon classess nalang ako nag cut.. Although it was really against my will, I really had to, because I was chilling in our room and I was coughing and coughing. :-( After lunch, I slept and when I woke up at around 4pm, I received a text message form Nicole saying that Chris had his hair cut. OMG. Semi-kal nanaman daw. I was like, "Oh no. I can't see him like that. Tempting." Haha. I really really like Chris when he's kalbo. He looks good when he's kalbo. Grr. Haha. ;-) So the next day, we had a quiz in Pharma, but before that, Janelle, Guia, Nicole, Cza and I were outside the classroom, and we saw Chris and Nicole's boyfriend. We were laughing and laughing because I was really PATHETIC!! Haha! If you only guys know what I did. Haha! I bet, you'll laugh too! ;-) Thanks to Janelle, by the way, for asking her friends to go to the IPEA office to buy UAAP tickets for Nicole and I. Buti pa si Nicole, kasama si Chris. Haha! Tsk. Anyway, it's almost 4am na. Gosh. I still don't feel sleepy, but I really have to sleep na because I have to wake up early tomorrow, I mean later, to hear mass, since the basketball game [UST vs. ADMU] would start at 4pm. OMG. I am so thrilled! I hope UST wins. Go TIGERS!! ;-)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank my bestfriend #1, Kamille and her friend, Kim, for getting extra tickets for me, Ria and Guia awhile ago. Super thanks! ;-) CONGRATULATIONS to my very dear friend, Topher, for making it in the prepageant. I am so happy for you!! I am a proud manager!! Haha! ;-) And thanks to all the people who asked how I was doing, what my conditon was, and to all those who basically remembered me while I was sick. I really appreciate every concern you guys showed me -- verbally and non-verbally. THANK YOU! ;-)

That would be all for now! Tata! ;-)

+ karen +

mi amor: si te tuviera mi vida seria perfecta.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM , Blogger graceless said...

    patayin ang mga attendants sa health service! haha.. glad youre feeling well now gf.. looks like we have lots of catching up to do.. ;) i miss you!

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger superkaren said...

    hi gf!! oo nga. papresyo talaga mga tao sa health service. mas lalo kang magkakasakit dun. haha ;) oo nga eh. text text tayo ulit ha? sembreak nanaman eh. miss you more!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home