it's CRAZY to be SANE.

Xoxo, Karen

10.03.2008

Happy BEE Day!

I just turned 22 yesterday. I know, right? I'm old. I feel old. Haha!

My cellphone started beeping even a couple of hours before the clock reached 12 midnight. There were a lot of people who remembered my birthday. Yay! Thanks to Cla & Ria (I suppose), for reminding our friends to greet me on my special day! I know them too well, and they know I'll be delighted to receive A LOT of text messages. Haha!

I started my birthday with a simple prayer in my room. I thanked God for all the blessings I've received for the past 21 years and for giving me another year to live. :)

These are the things that made my birthday worth remembering:

Cla and Ria asked me to go online at 12 midnight. Cla's surprise was truly touching! It made me cry, especially when I came across Joef's message. Joef and I have been friends since First Year College, and from then on, we have shared wonderful and bittersweet memories together. I remember confiding to him my rants and raves about Chris, the love of my life then. I always feel at ease whenever I talk to him. It seems as if he always has mood to listen, pieces of advice to share, and comfort to give. No wonder why he knows almost everything about my past lovelife. It's just so sad that he is already in the United States, and I know that it wouldn't be as easy as texting him out of the blue just because I have an update or so. But I know that this distance is just temporary. We'll get to see each other soon, and hopefully by then I'd get to introduce him to "THE ONE FOR ME." :)

My ex-boyfriend and I exchanged text messages for about 5 hours last night. I must admit that I missed him (a litlle.. a little too much..) but I'm guessing that it's just a normal feeling. I mean, we haven't seen and heard from each other for a couple of months already, so I have every right to miss him, right? Haha! Well well well, I owe him 22 burgers! Yikes. He must grow bigger than ever after that! Haha!


I had dinner with my mom, Ate Trina, Ate Trina's friends Ruff & Abby, Nick, Tita Zynn and Allen at John & Yoko, Greenbelt 5. Alvin missed it because he has a "visitor" so to say that he can't leave behind. Err. I feel so bad that he had to miss this special event just for that girl. It has been a routine or an SOP that everyone should be present on each other's birthday. Err. On a happy note, Tita Zynn & Allen gave me a chic dress and a CD (Renditions of Love Songs). I soooo love my dress! I'll wear it come November, my next vacation to Bohol. :) Anyway, I loved the food that I ordered (Ikay Fry and Japanese Fried Rice) and the Dalandan Iced Tea (Color blue). It was very hip! The waiters even sang Happy Birthday to me. They were really funny because there were two versions of the song--the serious one and the joyful one. I was reacting so bad when they were singing the serious one, but when they sang the joyful one, I was laughing so hard! Their voice and their facial expressions were truly delightful! Haha! Thanks, John & Yoko crew, for the dessert and for the entertainment. :) I'll definitely go eat there again soon!

After dinner, we headed straight to the EGI. My heart was throbbing for I was nervous that I'd get to see Alvin and the so-called visitor there. I actually did. After an hour or so. How awkward. Allen was looking at me once in awhile just to see how will I react. Haha! Funny. :) But it was really awkward.

I received an LBC delivery from Janelle at around 12:30 in the afternoon. I was really surprised! My mom even cried after reading Janelle's birthday message for me. Haha! It was really touching! She also gave me a gift certificate at Kamiseta. Aww. How sweet! I'll go to the mall in awhile and will probably use it already! Yay! I love you, Janelle! :)

I really feel so blessed to know that thorugh these years, I STILL have my family and friends with me in this wonderful journey called LIFE. :)

Xoxo,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home